GGRAsia – Manila MECQ as of September 7, “granular” blockages reflected

0

Manila MECQ on September 7, the “granular” blockages reflected


Metro Manila, including the Philippine capital, will remain under “modified enhanced community quarantine” (MECQ), the second most stringent quarantine classification level, until September 7, the Presidential Palace said on Saturday.

Metro Manila is home to Entertainment City, an area of ​​large-scale commercial casino complexes.

The Philippines previously decommissioned authorities With effect from August 21 to this Tuesday (August 31), the Covid-19 countermeasures in the national capital region at the MECQ of the “reinforced community quarantine” (ECQ).

Gambling operations at a number of casino complexes in Entertainment City remained suspended since last week, despite the relaxation of quarantine restrictions, according to notices on their respective websites.

The Interagency Working Group for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases “has retained the modified status of enhanced community quarantine for the National Capital Region,” President spokesman Harry Roque said in a press release, as quoted by the official Philippine news agency.

Mr Roque said “additional restrictions” on restaurants, personal care services and religious activities would be imposed in Metro Manila and two other regions: Bataan and Laguna.

The country’s Home and Local Government Secretary Eduardo Año on Friday said – quoted by the Philippine news agency – that the national government was considering what are known as “granular” shutdowns. It was one of many measures to ‘live with the virus’ and minimize the impact of quarantine restrictions on people’s livelihoods and the economy.

The Philippines recorded a total of 18,528 new cases of Covid-19 and 101 more deaths on Sunday, bringing the toll of infections since the start of the crisis to more than 1.95 million, including 33,109 deaths.



Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.