Major news developments in Karnataka today
Major news developments from Karnataka on 5th June 2022
Here are the major news developments to watch from Karnataka today:
1. The Department of Forestry, Ecology and Environment is organizing a World Environment Day Celebration and Karnataka State Environment Award Ceremony. Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai will inaugurate the program at Jnana Jyothi Auditorium, premises of Central College, Bangalore University, Palace Road.
2. Namma Whitefield is organizing a campaign to save Lake Pattandur by forming a human chain around Lake Pattandur Agrahara.
3. The V. Sommanna Foundation is celebrating World Environment Day and will also congratulate students who achieved distinction in the SSLC 2021-22 exam. Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai will inaugurate the event at MC Layout, Vijayanagar.
4. Bangalore Lalithakala Parishad and Ramasudha Charitable Trust will host a performance of Bharatanatya by Satyanarayana Raju and his team at Jayanagar 7th Block.
From North Karnataka:
1. Transport Minister B. Sreeramulu and MP for Ballari Y. Devendrappa will address the media in Ballari on the occasion of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s 8 years in office.
2. Higher Education Minister Ashwath Narayan will address a party campaign meeting for the Legislative Council elections.
1. The Forestry Department will hold a seed sowing festival starting today as part of World Environment Day across the district to increase green cover; Yaduveer Wadiyar will release tree census data from ward number 48 where the exercise was conducted on a trial basis.
2. The Chief Minister will hold a meeting to review the preparations for the Yoga Day.
1. D. Vedavyasa Kamath, MLA, Mangaluru City South inaugurates the “Miyawaki” urban forest developed by the Syngene-Biocon Foundation on the side of the national road near the Padua high school
2. Udupi District Administration celebrates World Environment Day by cleaning Uppunda beach and hosting a reception later.